“For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. And if those days had not been shortened, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.” – Matthew 24:21-22
The Scriptures are clear, in His first coming, Jesus appeared in humility, as a servant, to free us from sin; in His second coming, Jesus will come in glory to judge the world according to love. In between these two comings, Jesus left us the Church, as a spiritual hospital for sinners by which they can be made ready for Christ’s second coming.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church describes it in this way:
Before Christ’s second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers. The persecution that accompanies her pilgrimage on earth will unveil the “mystery of iniquity” in the form of a religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh. (CCC#675)
Jesus came in the flesh to save us by His blood. He will come again in glory to Judge the living and the dead. And in between these, Jesus comes to us in the Sacraments, to nourish our journey, to heal us from sin, and help us be ready for that ultimate encounter with the Lord. And within the Church, Jesus has left us signs of hope, such as that found in the messages of the Divine Mercy:
- You will prepare the world for My final coming. (Diary429).
- Speak to the world about My mercy … It is a sign for the end times. After it will come the Day of Justice. While there is still time, let them have recourse to the fountain of My mercy. (Diary 848)
- Tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near. (Diary 965).
- I am prolonging the time of mercy for the sake of sinners. But woe to them if they do not recognize this time of My visitation. (Diary 1160)
- Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588)
- He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice. (Diary 1146).
Let us entrust ourselves to Jesus, in the Divine Mercy and to Mary’s Immaculate Heart.
Divine Mercy, Jesus, I Trust in You!
May God bless you!